Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Strange Side Path

Today was an odd day for me. It started about 1 AM today... when I realized that I could not sleep and that 6:30 was getting closer and closer to me with each second that slipped past.

To make things odder (is that an actual word? I highly doubt it!), the weather went from sunny and 60 yesterday to 1 1/2 inches of random snowfall. It snowwed that much in under 2 hours..just in time for my morning commute to school. (Yay! ohh how I absolutely love driving 40 miles each way everyday to class...yes that was said sarcastically incase there was any doubt in your mind.)

After driving a half an hour I reached the town that is normally a ten minute drive from my home. As I went throught there still heading south I noticed that the plows had at least been out on my side of the road, thus making my way a bit easier. that is until I came upon the wreck.

A mamoth extended cab pickup truck had evidently been flipped by the lady driving (she must have gotten rushed too and was probably going a bit too fast..ok a lot too fast). It looked like everyone was ok. But 2 abulances were called in and there were children in the truck...that's what made me cry. I am what could be called a sensitive..I feel other peoples feelings if I let my mental walls down. (I try not to do this very often, but I was wore out and therefore not on guard.)

I got to school safe and sound. Had an average day. On the way home I dropped my van (poor beat up thing that it is) to the mechanic. He's gonna try to find out why my brake lights aren't working and why my check engine light keeps popping on.

I have also decided that my newest hobby other than bologging is going to be...swapping Artist Trading Cards. I'm extremely excited about this. I love to create drawings, so we'll see how this goes.

Ok it's late and I am beyond tired, so I am calling it a night.

*RandomThought of the Day* (observation really)

"I do not like chocolate....until I go to lose some weight."

1 comment: